Saturday, August 1

Baltimore Aquarium

Wednesday, I had to take Aiden to the University of MD, Pediatric section, for his NICU follow-up. Every 4 months he goes and they assess how his development is coming along. He is expected to be 10 weeks slow developmentally, due to being born 10 weeks early. If he is behind that in any area, they can provide us with services to help him catch up. Great program for all NICU babies. Thankfully, he is just where he should be.

Since I had to go to Baltimore for this, I thought I'd take the boys to the Baltimore Aquarium. My mom decided to come up to go with us. Thank God! When we got there, they told us no strollers and gave me a backpack to carry Aiden in. It is the first time I have carried that much weight (Aiden weighs a little over 21 lbs.) since before I was pregnant. What a great work out! We had a blast!


Mommy and Aiden on the escalator.


Ryan looking at the sharks, turtles and sting rays. It was hard to capture these images due to the lack of lighting.


Sting rays...for those of you who don't know.




My favorite picture of me and the boys....though Aiden is asleep!


Nana and Ryan




Ryan pointing to the birds...


Aiden exploring Nana's face while we wait for the dolphin show.


The adorable 6 year old girl, who sat next to us, just LOVED Aiden. She kept playing peek-a-boo with him. It was SOO cute! Aiden was just flirting with her.




The dolphin show was neat. Here is a dolphin carrying a beach ball that looks like the earth.






Nana was slick. We were one of the first people to sit down for the show. A lady came by to get some children to participate in the show and Nana made sure Ryan was able to do it. They took him to the other side of the room and during a certain part of the show, he and 4 others walked up the side stairs carrying flags. He had a TX flag. It was cool. (you have to look real close to see up up against the wall)


There's Ryan with his flag.




After the dolphin show, we went to see a 4D movie on the ocean. What they didn't tell us is that water sprays when the fish moves on the screen and the chairs vibrate. After the first 2 seconds of the film, I had to take Aiden out. Oh well, Ryan loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment