The President came to the Department of the Interior to visit with the Secretary. Many colleagues were able to shake his hand and have a great experience meeting him. I was one of them. I was invited, among others, to greet him.
Secret Service asked all of us to keep our hands out of our pockets. Since I didn't have any pockets, I just kept mine on my God-given prego shelf. The President started shaking hands and when he got to me, it was funny, he immediately looked at my tummy and gave a smile. He asked me all kinds of questions about when I was due, what baby this was for me, etc.. I told him I was due at Christmas and he said that babies are such a blessing. I told him I agreed and proceeded to tell him that while he will be opening presents at Chrsitmas, I will be pushing. He smiled and laughed. It was a great experience and I am happy Aiden was able to be a part of it. Even though he was in the tummy, he made it very clear how happy he was. He became extremely active...which was neat because he had been not as active over the past couple of days.

I am so glad we shared such an amazing moment! It was so cool seeing the President talk with you and ask all those questions. He was genuinely interested in you and your story and little Aiden.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics!!! Our babies are going to be so political! :)
ReplyDeleteWait, why are you so excited about meeting the President? Justin Kintz is in those pictures - shouldn't that be the focus?
ReplyDelete